Thursday, May 19, 2005

Three Fifths and a Prophet


Three Fifths and a Prophet
Originally uploaded by Shine5.
This is the Clo-Fizzy crew and a man called prophet. Hmmmmm, I never noticed this before, but apparently i wear the same t-shirt everyday...

This is my fifth day of sobriety and I'm afraid to leave the apartment. I'm affraid I might trip and accidentally get drunk. The best part of going underground is delivery. People are more than happy to bring you all kinds of nice things...As a matter of fact, I am waiting for my third delivery of the day... Which brings me to another interesting point about drying out. My energy level has increased exponentially. And, though it may seem contradictory(it isnt, trust me(or dont)), I have actually been able to sleep for more than 3 hours in a stretch.

I watched a flick about the life of a painter, MODIGLIANI, starring Andy Garcia today. Now that guy was doing it right. He had Tuberculosis from childhood that never cleared up, drank himself silly, got beaten up on the way to the big conest in which he finally bested Picasso(acording to the movie) and died just as he finally gained recognition. Bravo! Oh, and his crazy wife jumped out of a fifth story window...thats how you do it folks.

Dont get me wrong though, I am not rethinking my premise, this dry spell is just a phase. I'll be back on the streets of Shibuya soon, so don't you worry about a thing.

P.S. for some reason, people in impoverished countries still die of Tuberculosis, although it is completely preventable. I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home