Friday, July 22, 2005

escapism


escapism
Originally uploaded by Shine5.
I've internalized my journey, the words you hear are my steps echos...Don't worry, I'm still here in Tokyo, hold up in my dark apartment. The blanket over the curtains still blocks the sun. Im still hunched over tapping away at these keys in the pale glow of Mac's screen. Still listenening for footsteps in the hallway. Cue "The End" by the DOORS. But-there's something else going on as well.

It was a night that I'll never forget. Awoke in a cold sweat,
the heat from my fever melted the thermometer.
From the ether caught thoughts of equators and greater,
I Jerry Maguire my vision, state my mission on paper,
lifes a stage, then I Shine5 am about to leave the theater,
But i dont want to die, see, I'm just resting my eyes.
Through these rhymes i can fly through the university,
and like a terrified terrorist im trying to take you with me.
Down deep like i am inside,
arise from beneath the tides and climb to those castles in the sky.
Freestyle spitting from a Tibetan mountainside,
Bob said "if you're not living good, I beg you travel wide."
I travel light, packed my mind a light snack,
some books in a knapsack,
I'm reaching, can't look back,
'cause I shall, proceed, and continue, till i get this right.
-S5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reality
by Csteven

Last night
I took a long walk
through my mind
(in this dream)
i was blind
yet could clearly
see
that something
was hidden
from me
i distinctly felt
a presence
unknown
in my conscious state
so i sat by a path
resolved to wait
within the confines
of this alternate reality
until whatever
whoever
was there
decided to share
whatever the message was

as i waited
i dreamed again
a dream within a dream
i nodded on the path
laid my head down in
on a pillow of etheral grass
that tickled my ears
while whispering
age old secrets
of a million tears shed
a billion folks led
off the cliffs of history
dissapeared
leaving this mystery
to be solved in the dreams
of those
who would close their eyes to see

i awoke
to a shower
of liquid flowers
raining down
like blessings from above
caressing my face
with tender touches of love
seeping into my psyche
slowly soaking my soul
with promises of deliverance
the cool colors
trickled into my eyes
washing away lies
bringing visions of why
i had sat here so long

then i was wisked away
by a wind of change
consumed by an urge
to rename
redefine
revolutionized
and revived
back to my life
compelled to live
eyes shut
mind open
fortified with love
in a world
of cold realities

Csteven 02

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home